Ok – So let’s list some of the more obvious observations
- Ron’s authority/reputation is being compromised
- The colleague clearly lacks commitment to the new method
- The colleague seems to command a lot of respect with the teams (this is one point of leverage)
How Does Clarity & Momentum Zero In On The Problem?
Ron scans up and down the Clarity & Momentum Model, a partial version of which you see here.
Ron can easily see there is a problem in the ownership level. His colleague is not “taking ownership” of the new system or of Ron’s leadership. But why?
While Ron could have developed options from any one of the five Clarity & Momentum priorities, he sees the problem he needs to tackle is in the Clarity level.
Ron realizes the individual and the team need to be clear about a few important things which he could have communicated better.
*Clarity & Momentum is a framework of thinking developed by Master Certified Christian Coach Gary Wood, and has been used with executives over the past 20 years.
How Does Ron Establish Clarity?
Now Ron is armed with some questions to ask himself.
- Have I provided the colleague with clarity on what the actual outcome will be? Is it better reports, a more efficient reporting system or is the goal trying to gain new insights to drive the business?
- Does the colleague believe this to be a worthy goal?
- What is his understanding of the facts and what are his underlying assumptions?
The C & M Framework stipulates that once all team members have the same understanding of facts, and that the outcomes are of value, they can more easily take ownership and move forward as a team.
Ron’s Troubles Are Not Yet Over. Will he survive?
Tuesday at noon, Ron is called into an urgent meeting by his boss that includes the heads of Sales and Finance
The Sales department shows a 15% increase in revenue but Finance shows revenue is actually down by 20%!
No one can trust the numbers. Stocks will take a nosedive as investors will have no confidence in a company that can’t report on it’s sales and profits.
Ron knows a problem this big needs a scapegoat.
See How Clarity & Momentum Framework Provides A Quick Assessment To These Problems.
For a limited time only, we are offering this course some have called “A MUST-HAVE for Leaders” for $67! ($80 off the original cost of the course)